It is very important that you know about and are aware of hydraulic fracturing or fracking as it is more commonly called.
Whether you are for it or against it. Whether you think it is a good idea or bad idea. Whether you think it is dangerous or safe. You need to know what it is and what processes are involved. We all need to know the pros and cons of fracking.
- What is fracking? It is a method of extracting gas from underground.
- Who does fracking? Oil and natural gas companies.
- Where is fracking done? There are numerous fracking sites in the United States, Canada, Europe, and China
- Since when? It started in 1949 but become popular just in the last half decade as a way to find new energy sources without import.
- Why is fracking controversial? Because it poisons fresh/ drinking water.
- How does fracking poison drinking water? Fracking requires tons of liquid chemicals that go underground. Those chemicals leak into the fresh water reservoirs underground. The water becomes undrinkable and in many cases, flammable.
Only 3% of the water on Earth is drinkable. Fracking is essentially mass poisoning that 3%. Yes we need energy but we need fresh water more. We can live without electronics, we literally cannot live as a human species without fresh, drinkable water.
10, 20, 30 years from now there may be fracking that can be done without poisoning the water supply. That will be the time for fracking. Now, it is too risky and there is just too much documented events that prove fracking poisons water. Why it is allowed to continue despite all the evidence it poisons our water? We all know why it is, don’t we? The same reason no one from BP went to jail for the oil spill in the Gulf. The same reason no one from Lehman Brothers went to jail for the 2008 economic collapse. We know why.
Money makes the world go around according to humans. But according the the world it’s gravity. If there was no gravity we would not be able to inhabit Earth. If there was no oxygen we would not be able to inhabit Earth. If there was no food supply or farmable land we would not be able to inhabit Earth. If there is no fresh drinking water we will not be able to inhabit Earth.
Fracking is a risk for making Earth human beings unable to survive by not having fresh drinking water so therefore fracking is bad and those who try to do it are the enemy. Enemy of who? All living being that requires fresh drinking water to survive. Plain and simple. Cut and dry and if fracking is allowed to continue on a mass scale, leaving behind it poisoned fresh water reservoir after poisoned fresh water reservoir, then we as a human race will be left high and dry.